adfd

Back in Busthineth...

Sunday, February 10, 2008

Bear Beginings

When I was just a little cub, I used to watch WWF Superstars on television with my dad and my little brother on Sundays. My mom would go to church leaving the three of us free to crowd around our old mitsubishi telelvision and watch homilies as delivered by the one and only Hulk Hogan.

Let me tell you somethin' brother, there were few better than the Hulkster. I grew up tall, and I grew up straight. I ate wheaties. I said my prayers. I ate my vitamins. I loved my country. I stood up for what I believed in.

I grew up and became The Golden Bear. I grew up to be come the Captain of Candor, the Sultan of Sincerity, the General of Genuineness.

And when I step into that ring, the people can see the 20 years of wrestling education flowing from my body. They can sense, they can feel that I am one of them. That I, like the Hulkster before me , can be the vehicle, the vessle that will take this sport of sports to the next level.

Bear Brigade, we can do this. Together, as one entity, as one unstoppable force we can march to the gates of this Industry and reclaim it by force.

One after another, our opponents will fall until we, together, are standing in the center of the ring, our title, the world heavyweight title raised, above our heads. And we can yell, with one voice, "The Golden Bear!" and then we can whisper, with one voice, "...the golden bear!" And that whisper will echo through the annals of wrestling history for the rest of recorded time.

"..the golden bear! ...the golden bear! ...the golden bear!"

No comments: